The internet is full of natural tutorials these days and you must have already tried this DIY but if you have never tried this toner, then it is a must, because it’s magical!
The Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Toner is something you can make at home to help clear your skin or simply improve your overall complexion for a brighter blemish free skin. This is great to unclog pores, remove dead skin cells and works for every skin type.
Malic and lactic acids found in the vinegar help to soften and exfoliate your skin, reduce red marks and appearance of pores, and treat acne on both your face and body, lightens sun and age spots. Apple cider vinegar also tones your skin to the proper pH. So basically, it’s a liquid gold. Of course, you need the right kind of Apple Cider Vinegar. Raw, organic, and “with the mother.”
What you need:
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup of water (preferably distilled water, but tap is fine)
- Container to store toner
How to make the ACV toner:
- Pour 1:1 ratio of apple cider vinegar and water into your container. (Vary the strength and quantity of the ACV toner by using more or less water or vinegar each time you make it. Experiment to see what your skin likes.)
- Shake to mix well.
- Apply toner to skin with a cotton ball or a cotton pad. Shake well before each use.
- Customize the toner by adding other ingredients like witch hazel, green tea, aloe vera gel, etc.
I start off by deep cleaning my face with my cleanser, then adding the ACV toner to a cotton pad and rubbing it all over my face. Once it dries in about 30 seconds(Do not wash off or rinse). I then apply my Vitamin C serum, eye cream & face moisturizer. Toner does smell really funky but the results are amazing so the smell does not bother me at all and I do twice a day.
The ACV toner is so cheap and easy to make and so easily customized to your skin, that it is worth trying for acne and other skin issues. Let me know your thoughts if you already use this toner.